Webinar: Tai Chi and Cancer
The Cancer Exercise Training Institute partnered with the amazing Dianne Bailey and the Open the Door to Tai Chi organization. We have a great course for Tai Chi certification. You can learn about Tai Chi and Cancer Exercise in a this free webinar.
What the webinar covers:
Instinctively, we know that exercise is good for people that are fighting cancer. But what kinds of exercise should we be prescribing? What works best and how much should the cancer patient be doing? Andrea Leonard, a cancer survivor herself, has spent years researching these questions and developing a program of exercise specifically for cancer patients/survivors. She will join Tai Chi expert, Dianne Bailey, on this webinar to discuss the exercise options that should be utilized following a cancer diagnosis and how Tai Chi should be a part of the equation. Learn how you can help yourself and your clients with this gentle form of exercise that can balance out the body even during the extreme upheaval of living with cancer.
Who this is for:
- Curious students who want to learn Tai Chi themselves
- Trainers needing CEC’s and new ways to help their clientele
- Business owner looking to provide a valuable and profitable service
- Those who want to help the aging population
About the Presenters:
Dianne Bailey, CSCS, CTCI-1
- Certified Tai Chi Instructor, American Tai Chi and Qigong Association
- 4th degree black belt Taekwondo
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, NSCA
- Owner, Head Trainer, The Conditioning Classroom
- Industry speaker and Tai Chi specialist: FAI, Fitness Fest, International Council on Active Aging
- Author: Eating Simply; Healthy, Happy & Fit; Open the Door to Tai Chi . . . Tai Chi for the Everyday Person
- Andrea is a 35-year thyroid cancer survivor and President/Founder of the Cancer Exercise Training Institute. She graduated from the University of MD in 1990 and has been certified as a CES, CPT, and PES by NASM as a CPT by ACSM and ACE, and as a Special Populations Expert by The Cooper Institute. Andrea has written 15 books on cancer and exercise, trained over 9k people worldwide to become Cancer Exercise Specialists, and is the go-to-expert on cancer and exercise. She is the Chairperson for the Medical Fitness Network Advisory Board and is the PFP/Club Industry 2019 Personal Trainer of the Year.
Cancer Exercise Specialist Advanced Qualification: Enroll Here for the 12th Edition
Basic Tai Chi Certification: ENROLL HERE